ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Selector 3.4.3.0

<< < (6/14) > >>

MilesAhead:
Selector 1.7 Selector itself hasn't changed, but the download now includes a utility called LoadImageURL.  It's meant to be used with Selector and the browser "Copy Image Location" command.  It will download the image to a temp file, then feed it to your favorite image editor, as alternative to copying the image to the clipboard and using Paste in the image editor. On first usage it prompts you to navigate to the image editor, and stores your choice in an .ini file.

See the Readme for usage.

Xvarnah:
Nice Miles ! Thanks ! I get the new version right now !  :)

MilesAhead:
Selector 1.8 I made a few updates on 1.8.  As you can see in the new screen shot, I added an ImageURL Button to do the same thing as the included LoadImageURL program but by using the Windows file type association.

Also the Go and Go "" Buttons have been updated so that if no item in the ListBox is selected, it still tries to open Param via Windows file type association.  Delete Button tests that an item is actually selected before trying to delete.

Also Hint balloons have been added for the Buttons.

edit: once I added support to Selector for opening the graphics image for an image url I could have removed LoadImageURL from the download but I thought it might be a good way to open a non-default image editor esp. since many image editors have a "paste" command line param, but not one to load from an image url off the web. The total download is still under a MB.  I don't think that's too bulky even for dial-up.

Xvarnah:
« Getting better all the time ! » as the good old Beattles' song use to say ! :)

I downloaded and installed it. Thanks, Miles.

Right after, I stumbled across these two links :

- http://lifehacker.com/5352193/browser-chooser-asks-you-which-browser-to-open-new-links-in

- http://browserchooser.codeplex.com/

An interseting feature in "Browser chosser" is the one that allows it to be defined as a "pseudo" default browser. Each time you click on a link (whatever this link is), on a "favorite", the little wondow with the browsers pops-up allowing you to choose which one you wanna use. So the favorite and link a re no longer related to one browser only; this is quiet "handy".

Yet, it lacks the precision of Selector as long as it does not allow to move to a specific link selected in another browser : it only opens a new browser displaying its own starting page.

So, according to my purpose, I either use Selector or the Browser chooser, now.

What do you think about it ?

MilesAhead:
I haven't tried that one yet.  I use Launchy but I'm running Minefield Firefox beta, and not everything works with it. I was using the FARR hotkey thing to open in Opera but Selector allows me to do similar stuff without remembering a hotkey for each browser. Just with selected or clipboard text.  It's useful for a few things.. not everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version