ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Selector 3.4.3.0

<< < (2/14) > >>

Xvarnah:
Hello MilesAhead,

I just downloaded your software and used it as the selective browser launcher that I was looking for. I enjoy it a lot !  :)

My favorite browser atm is Chrome Dev version (4.0.203.2) which I use with some extensions and bookmarklets. In order to launch it properly, I added "--enable-extensions --enable-sync" to its shortcut. Would it be possible to implement a feature that could add these commands in Selector 1.2 as well ? Or to create a bookmarklet fo your program that would include them ?

PS : Each of the 5 browsers that I surf with (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari) has a specific set of extensions (for example, let's say that Firefox is specialized in video browsing and downloading while Chrome has all the necessary features for grabing texts, bookmarking pages and saving the articles I'm interested in, etc.). Thus, I may keep each of these browsers with a limited number of extensions and plug-ins which doesn't slow them down badly.

Thanks in advance for your kind answer and suggestions.

MilesAhead:
Xvarnah glad you like the program. I didn't realize it until I started playing with drag & drop that Windows would pass command line params onto the shortcut as well as a bare .exe program.  I guess I should have because of the drag & drop "open with" when you drop a file on a desktop icon.

Please try deleting the browser entry and dragging a shortcut with the command switches filled in, onto Selector.

Also since only the Key value is unique, you should be able to have various shortcuts in the list for the same program as long as the short names are unique.

I just tried a shortcut to my TestCmdLine program with the icon having "/x=1 /y=2 /z=3" then in Selector I added the Text param "FakeFile.txt" and the command line tester showed all those in sequence.  It should work.

MilesAhead:
btw I'm glad you mentioned this topic.  I updated the Readme file with a tip suggesting various ways to customize entries via the shortcut. I was considering having the entry remember switches that could be entered in an input line but since Windows already provides it I think it's better to keep the utility simple.  Since when you drag a shortcut onto the ListBox the path is to that shortcut, to modify the behavior of that app you just need to edit the shortcut.

Xvarnah:
Fabulous !  :Thmbsup:

Many thanks, MilesAhead, it works perfectly : now I have both "Chrome" (without command switches) and "Super Chrome" (with the command switches) !!!  :-*

This tool is gonna save me time and so many useless clicks.

I'l send a link to your app to all my friends. Could bookmarklets be created for your app ?

MilesAhead:
Glad you like it.  You know when I started doing it I thought well, maybe I'll have a couple of browsers and maybe 3 text editors in it, so I made the Add button to just add one item.  When I added drag & drop and realized it would pass the params onto shortcuts, that made it more flexible.  I think I'll be using it a lot more than I expected myself. :)

I haven't used Bookmarklets much. I think I did one that backs up 2 pages if the history is 2 or more pages deep, one if not(iow even with those back arrows that have a history you have to click to open the history, so you don't save a click when going back 2 pages. I call it Double Back)  Can you tell me more what you have in mind with the bookmarklet idea? I'm not sure I see how it would hook in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version