ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Selector 3.4.3.0

(1/14) > >>

MilesAhead:
Selector 1.0 is ready for general use I think.  The idea is a hotkey app in the Tray that holds a few of your favorite programs that can take the command line param from selected text or the clipboard. One example would be a browser.  Instead of relying on a plugin to open the current page in another browser hit the address bar to select text and hit the Selector hotkey(Shift-NumPadDiv by default.) Choose your browser and hit the Go button.

Currently adding programs to the list requires using a FileOpen dialog to browse to the .exe file.  A short name is automatically generated but can be edited.

At the moment there's no provision for sorting the list or rearranging the order of apps.  A later version should have a few more bells and whistles.

The program uses Glass if enabled on the system.
It requires Scripting.Dictionary object on the PC.
If you don't have Scripting.Dictionary I believe installing
the .NET 2.0 or later run-time will put it on but check the
MS web site for the correct download.  If you have .NET 2.0
or later you should have it already.

FavesSoft Hotkeys Page

jgpaiva:
I believe you're missing a link :)

MilesAhead:
Selector 1.01  Double click of item in ListBox presses the Go Button.

MilesAhead:
Selector 1.1 now accepts additions of programs and shortcuts to the ListBox via Explorer Drag & Drop.

For each item in the drag & drop a short name is automatically generated.  Hit Enter to accept it or edit it as you prefer.  Note that all entries in the ListBox are unique. If "MyEditor" is already in the ListBox, adding an item with the short name "MyEditor" will overwrite it with the path to the new program or shortcut.

MilesAhead:
Selector 1.2 Fixed a bug where the input box for short name could be hidden by the popup window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version