ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New Launcher app with automation feature: Blaze

<< < (3/5) > >>

y0himba:
Hmmm...I am wondering if this thread is contrived?

njrick:
Sorry to pop the conspiracy bubble :)

I have no affiliation with either product.  Since both are freeware, its always good to consider alternatives that may have some feature differences.  I would love to see FRR add the typo correction feature, that alone is a real winner.  I certainly appreciate the efforts of this site and the FRR product and will watch for new versions in the future.

mouser:
Like i said, lot's of room for different tools for different tastes.  i'm also always happy to hear when people find features they like that they would like to see added to mine (for those stumbling onto this thread from a search: Find and Run Robot).

However, I am skeptical about correcting for typos -- as i've written about here, i find that when programs try to be "smart" and guess what you mean when you make a mistake, the results can often be problematic.  Not to say it's not a useful feature just that i'm always wary about such things.

skwire:
However, I am skeptical about correcting for typos-mouser (September 26, 2009, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

As well you should be.  For the record, I just tried a simple "notpead" in Blaze and it didn't guess "notepad" as the proper match.  Several other intentional simple typos resulted in the wrong guess, too.  I know this sounds like I'm coming to mouser and FARR's defense, but, I'm just sayin'...   ;)

rgdot:
Been trying Blaze with interest. Just a comment, I really don't see a need to have a setting that updates the index and is in minute increments. In days would be more like it if you ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version