Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 23, 2014, 05:50:43 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Thought  (Read 3092 times)
kfitting
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 30, 2005, 02:22:53 PM »

Just thought of something else that could be handy in FindRun.  Could there be a way to launch an app in the background so it doesnt take focus?  If I am browsing the web and realize that I want to open a file browser, I launch it via FindRun, but as soon as it starts, it automatically jumps to the foreground and obscures the website I was viewing.  I dont know how to make this handy to switch on and off... it would most convienient to be able to enable on a file by file basis.  Just an idea!

Kevin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 03:10:27 PM »

you can currently tell f&r to launch an app and not close.. and i think i might be able to write code to send it into the background..  certainly would be easy to launch it minimized..

i apologize for their not being another feature release of f&r for a while, but i am collecting the ideas and i just need to find a few days to really devote to it.. i have some nice plans in store i think, in addition to all the things we've talked about here.
kfitting
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 11:04:54 AM »

Another minor issue: when adding folders to the search list in the config it would be handy to have a "Browse" button.  That way you wouldnt have to type (or copy and paste from your file manager).  Just my 2 cents!

Kevin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 11:56:13 AM »

this is just my own bias, almost every program i write there you can type a file or path, i support drag&drop from windows explorer.

so you can drag and drop onto those places.

but you are definitely right that a browse button should be added.

i'm sorry that i haven't updated f&r in a while, i promise that im going to devote some real time to it soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.1 ]