ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

idea - a simple prog to protect files/folder from deletion

(1/4) > >>

kimmchii:
i just discovered that one of my music folder (3GB) has been deleted without my knowledge, i dont remember i delete that folder, it could have been deleted by me by accidental when i half awake or some other music player progs deleted it.

there are many shareware out there that can protect or hide a folder or files with password, but the users have to enter the password each time, this is too troublesome, it would be great if there is a simple prog that deny delete to a folder or files, this will prevent accidental deletion.

thank you.

PhilKC:
Well, a simple program which keeps the file 'open' would be the easy way. I'll chuck some code together :)

PhilKC

PhilKC:
Aaaaand, done!

http://bluescreenofdeath.co.uk/Programs/Locker

Each line of the config file should contain a file to lock, click Re-Lock and you're done. It locks all files when it loads too, it doesn't need to be installed so you can run the exe and config file from anywhere. It's only 10KB big, and shouldn't have any problems loading huge files... Have fun :D

EDIT: Yay, it now supports directories, example:

DIR:C:\My music
C:\important file.txt

Would lock all files in C:\My music\ and C:\important file.txt

PhilKC

kimmchii:
thank you very much Phil, but i got this:
idea - a simple prog to protect files/folder from deletion

and can it add a folder with all the files in the subfolders? i have more than 5000 wma/mp3, not possible to add one by one.

thx again.

PhilKC:
Right, that error means you don't have the latest .NET framework:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en

Oh, and your comment about the directories... it can add directories now :)

Two ways of adding a DIR:

DIR:C:\

Will add all files in C:\

DIRS:C:\

Will add all files in C:\ and all subdirectories (DO NOT ADD \WINDOWS\ TO THE LIST)

PhilKC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version