ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Split .txts into smaller ones when there is a space line

<< < (6/6)

H;o)lli:
Hi Skwire,
Apologies for the lateness of this reply; my work/business travel has been rather busy lately.
-skwire (April 16, 2018, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
no problem at all!

The only caveat is that there is a finite amount of text that you can pass on the commandline like that so you will have experiment a bit and see what you can get away with.
--- End quote ---
Well, this is not a mandatory way, it was more a first thought. May be then it would make more sense to pass an input directory as a parameter where the files to be processed reside.
(I do not need this recursively but if it's a snatch with fingers for you I wouldn't mind... ;o) ). E.g.:

--- ---[-r] -i "c:\documents\"I could also work without parameters at all (just an extra browse dialog for input dir and may be a checkbox for recursive and remembering these states too by saving them in the .ini file). It just would be more flexibel with params. Do what is easier for you!

Yes, I can do this as well.  As you've already mentioned, the app will only be able to handle text-based files, i.e., no Word docs, etc.  I will try to get to this next week as I don't travel but, if I don't have anything by next weekend, feel free to remind me in this thread.
--- End quote ---
Great! Yes, of course, no files with headers, macros and stuff like that, only pure text files.
Btw, UTF-8 is supported regarding the split string, too?

Ehmm... just one more thing:
Right now, you are giving those split files all the same prefix "File_".
Is it possible to keep the name and endings of input files?
So if a file is named "takethis.txt" it'll produce takethis_01.txt, takethis_02.txt and so on.
"takethat.rst" produces takethat_01.rst, takethat_02.rst and so on accordingly.

As I already said, I can wait, so take your time. It's your free time anyway!
Thanks again!

H;o)lli

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version