ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Split .txts into smaller ones when there is a space line

<< < (4/6) > >>

cranioscopical:
Hahaha...I like "Chopping List" and I have the perfect icon for it:

http://www.iconarchive.com/show/buuf-icons-by-mattahan/Hatchet-icon.html

Winner!  Winner!  Chicken dinner!
-skwire (September 28, 2009, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Then you might like Text TriceChopper  :)

skwire:
Chopping List with the hatchet icon is just too perfect.   8)

tmpusr:
I think your requirements might be a bit out of scope for a simple text file cracker like this.  That being said, I promise to take a deeper look at your request.
-skwire (September 28, 2009, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I appreciate that. How I envision using the Tag and Split function is

1 Creating a list of tags text file.
2 Adding the tags in front of paragraphs - like \a \b \c - just boom boom boom - that perhaps get substituted to [Topic A] [Topic B] [Topic C].
3 Running Chopping List and getting as many files as there are tags.
4 Continuing editing with all the topics neatly in their own files.

Useful for organizing any kind of text where various topics/ideas have been collected in one file. Certainly n times more efficient and quicker than cut-pasting between text files, which lacks the boom boom boomness that I'm looking for here.

There's a feature for sorting paragraphs in Word, but it fails when there is more than one paragraph before the next tag.

The best software has the least steps between beginning and achieving the goal, ideally: Boom, you're done. And after that the process should be automated if possible so you never have to repeat even that single boom*.

(*meme courtesy of Steve 'Boom' Jobs)

nkormanik:
Enhancement Request:

When creating the text files from a block of copied text (say from your ClipTrap) please give the option of including x number of padded zeros in front of numbers.

For instance:

Pad to three digits....

Thank you for a super program!

Nicholas

skwire:
I think that is outside the scope of the application.  However, you may be able to leverage my List Numberer program to do what you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version