ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dying technologies: do you still use a printer much?

(1/12) > >>

zridling:
With the rise of online suites such as Google Docs, Zoho Office, the prevalence of PDF, Twitter, email, etc., are you still buying and using as much printer ink and paper as you were a few years ago?

Since HP's printing revenue continues to decline, I figure this must be the case. Or maybe it's because a lot of businesses are no longer in business.

Josh:
I still use my printer quite frequently. I also know that the business I used to work for, which owned 3 Xerox 4850 high capacity printers, still uses even higher capacity printers now. Not saying that is the norm, but I do know quite a few businesses (the US Army for one) still rely on printers for quite a bit of paperwork. That said, the army has cut down with it's e-form initiative so it has gotten less and less.

TucknDar:
I use my printer about as much as I've always done, really. Not very often, but certainly from time to time...

f0dder:
I use my printer about as much as I've always done, really. Not very often, but certainly from time to time... -TucknDar (August 26, 2009, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Same here - I've never been the type that printed a lot, but sometimes when I need to read something it's better to have it in text form. Maps/directions are handy on paper too... and for some reason, school requires us to hand in stuff in paper form O_o

cranioscopical:
I use printers about half as much as I used to (I have 5 printers here of various types and formats).

Most of my printing is business related. The decrease is mainly because I now have larger screens than previously, and so can display simultaneously a greater number on-screen documents while working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version