ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Add tabbed documents to MS Office

<< < (10/12) > >>

superboyac:
Funny that they're charging for this as I've never seen much point with Office 2007 because you can stick the switch windows button in the quick toolbar area... but then, I've gotten to hate any extraneous add-ins in Office - they just slow the applications down. A lot!

It would definitely be useful for earlier versions of Office, though.
-Darwin (February 19, 2010, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
What switch windows button?  Tell me more!

[edit] forget it, I saw it.  Cool!  Still, tabs are a little more useful.

Darwin:
Still, tabs are a little more useful.
-superboyac (February 19, 2010, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

No arguments from me - just can't stand having to run an add-in to get it...

superboyac:
Yeah, i'm with you there.  but probably not ALL the way there.  It's cheap enough where I may buy it.  Maybe.  I remember intellitabs were way more expensive.

Darwin:
superboyac - what did you wind up doing? Are you running any tab add-on today and, if so, what one? Are you happy with it? Any bugs? Questions, lots of questions...  ;D

superboyac:
superboyac - what did you wind up doing? Are you running any tab add-on today and, if so, what one? Are you happy with it? Any bugs? Questions, lots of questions...  ;D
-Darwin (July 01, 2010, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, I'm not using any tab plugin currently.  I don't know why, I think I just forgot about it once it became pay-ware.  I use that built in document switcher that someone mentioned above, even though it's nothing special.  The document switcher is the exact same thing as the "Window" menu that use to be there before the ribbon.

If I were to use one, I'd use Office Tabs.  It's pretty cheap and it worked well.  The only other option I know of is Intellitabs, which is way more expensive and I don't even think it's developed any longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version