ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Add tabbed documents to MS Office

<< < (5/12) > >>

OldElmerFudd:
Terrific! Tabbed documents are exactly what's been missing in MS Office, imho. I frequently need more than one file open at the same time. Using Office 2003 on XP Pro SP3 boxes. D/l'd v.1.22; seems fine. The EULA strikes me as the result of language differences.

Many thanks for this one!

libeco:
This seemed like such a good idea when I installed it about a month ago... But it's a useless piece of crap (for me at least). On my dual core laptop XP SP3 with Office 2007 only opening word was enough to use half of my CPU power. Word became unresponsivee and had to quit soon after. I re-tried with the same result. I decided to uninstall but apparantly it didn't uninstall all because the tabs were gone but opening multiple documents didn't go too well. While I was used to seeing multiple Words (sounds weird) open, now it opened all in 1 instance of Word.

At the end I completely uninstalled Office and reinstalled it to get everything to normal again.

paarkhi:
Already tried and doesn't work on office 2010

Contro:
Don't work with office xp or 2002......

I put other post to try to get an alternative....

IainB:
OfficeTab now works OK for me! (and presumably it could for you too).
Though this was a really useful Add-in to MS Office, on my laptop it had only seemed to work in Excel and PowerPoint, but not for Word (where I could have put it to good use). This was despite my not insignificant efforts to try to discover and "fix" the problem.

When I started up Word today, I discovered to my pleasant surprise that OfficeTabs now works a treat in Word as well.     :beerchug:

The only thing that I had changed and that I think (no proof!) could have brought this about was that I had happened to use CCleaner (for the first time ever) - albeit with some trepidation - to clean some redundant garbage out of my system. So, I suspect that something was blocking the Add-In from working and CCleaner removed the blockage.

So, all you people (above) who tried OfficeTab and it didn't work or behave nicely in some way - well, it might not hurt to install OfficeTab, close all MS Office applications. Then, if OfficeTab does not work as it should, run CCleaner, reboot the PC, and restart the MS Office applications.

If you try this, then let us know how you get on please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version