ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Add tabbed documents to MS Office

<< < (3/12) > >>

IainB:
@CWuestefeld: Yes, I had already found that it did not work in Word, and when I saw your post and the image, I went back and reinstalled OfficeTab - in case I had made some kind of mistake. Same result though.

It's very frustrating.

40hz:
@CWuestefeld: Yes, I had already found that it did not work in Word, and when I saw your post and the image, I went back and reinstalled OfficeTab - in case I had made some kind of mistake. Same result though.

It's very frustrating.
-IainB (August 27, 2009, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

@IanB - Must be frustrating. I'm running it on Word 2K3 and 2K7, and it works just fine for me. Is it possible your AV or other security software (or something else you added to Word)  is stomping on the install?

Deozaan:

It's very frustrating.
-IainB (August 27, 2009, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it's the difference between a 32bit system and a 64bit system?

tsaint:
I read a warning that it didn't always work, but tried it anyway. On my computer, I find that the area occupied by the ribbon simply disappears with this add on. (thats in word, didn't bother checking excel as I don't want word screwed up)
tony

IainB:
I just downloaded and installed an updated version from here: http://files.cnblogs.com/wangminbai/OfficeTab_v1.21.zip
(OfficeTab v1.21 - Build 090828)

However, despite the more recent build (I had previously used Build 090823) the same problem as I posted earlier persists - i.e. it Works fine in Office 2007 Excel and PowerPoint, but does not work at all in Word. Note that my experience is that the Add-in behaves itself - the Tab Add-in is definitely installed in Word (I checked Alt-F|Word Options|Add-Ins) and nothing is "messed up" in any of the 3 Office applications.

@tsaint: Using the OfficeTab Setting Centre function that is built-in (installed by default to C:\Program Files\OfficeCM), I disabled the Tabs function in Word only, and when I checked Alt-F|Word Options|Add-Ins, the function is shown as an "Inactive Application Add-in".
You could do the same if you wanted to, thus avoiding any risk that Word is "messed up" in any way.

This really is a useful Add-in to MS Office. I shall be able to make great use of it in Excel, and a little use of it in PowerPoint. I could have made good use of it in Word also, if it worked there.

Hats off to the 21-year old Chinese male "Bo Master" who developed this Add-in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version