ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Spotify

(1/2) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hi guys!

So, Spotifyw looks good.
Unfortunately, I can't find much information about it here on DC (which I find odd, doesn't anyone use it?).
Also unfortunate is the fact that I apparently can't use it, as it says the free plan is not available in Portugal (where I live).

Does anyone know a solution for this?

What do you think about spotify?

TucknDar:
I like Spotify, although I'm getting tired of the ads, I suppose. But it's a good solution for listening to new music, and if I'm having a party or similar the 24 hours without ads deal is pretty good, so I'm definitely a fan even if it won't replace my music collection.

btw I got some nice Spotify alias' for FARR. They weren't made by me, but I'll post them if the original author doesn't (have to look at my PMs to see who I got them from...  :-[ )

mnemonic:
It's a great service and the ads aren't that intrusive as they only appear about twice an hour (except that there are only about three of them, which gets a tad tedious).

Only issue is the same as lots of these services - you find a track you want to listen to and it isn't licensed in your country.  Spotify has most labels, so it isn't too much of a problem.

The radio function is great.  Just choose a time period and a genre and it'll play a selection.  Don't bother trying to find any hip-hop from pre-1950 though, as there seems to be a distinct lack of it  ;D

joiwind:
I've been using Spotify since ??? and I'm really quite happy with it - the ads are not too abusive - and I'd say I have 9 out of 10 success when searching for a title or singer/group.

It's also very rapid, more so than Deezer or Grooveshark (browser-based) and I particularly like the elegant interface.

Lashiec:
Unfortunately, I can't find much information about it here on DC (which I find odd, doesn't anyone use it?).
-jgpaiva (August 26, 2009, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forum search fail. I mean, the search function, not your ability using it.

Also unfortunate is the fact that I apparently can't use it, as it says the free plan is not available in Portugal (where I live).

--- End quote ---

Move up here, it's not that far, you know :P

Does anyone know a solution for this?

--- End quote ---

I suppose using a proxy would help here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version