ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Spotify

<< < (2/2)

mahesh2k:
 :down:

Interesting review

I don't like it.  If you're one of those who want to own music after paying for it then this is not for you. Without internet(even low speed connection don't make sense here) there is no point in this service.

joiwind:
I can't understand some of these arguments about owning music (I'm not talking here about the ethics of downloading or ripping) - it's so easy to record streams to mp3 or other formats, what's the hassle ?

jgpaiva:
Unfortunately, I can't find much information about it here on DC (which I find odd, doesn't anyone use it?).
-jgpaiva (August 26, 2009, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forum search fail. I mean, the search function, not your ability using it.
-Lashiec (August 26, 2009, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, nope, it didn't fail :) It was your post that lead me to start this thread. What surprised me was that there was no thread about this kind of services .

I don't like it.  If you're one of those who want to own music after paying for it then this is not for you. Without internet(even low speed connection don't make sense here) there is no point in this service.
-mahesh2k (August 26, 2009, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, I was more interested in the 'radio mode' approach. I think these services (also pandora and lastfm) are really great for discovering new albums and to have 'background sound' for work and such.

It's also very rapid, more so than Deezer or Grooveshark (browser-based) and I particularly like the elegant interface.
-joiwind (August 26, 2009, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Fantastic recomendations, I've been using Grooveshark for a few minutes and I'm really liking it, thanks!  :up: :up:

Lashiec:
Actually, nope, it didn't fail :) It was your post that lead me to start this thread. What surprised me was that there was no thread about this kind of services .
-jgpaiva (August 26, 2009, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I see :). Spotify is pretty limited in scope right now, just a few European countries, so no wonder we're not discussing it. Even the supposed tech-centric U.S. sites who notice every ground breaking service that pops here and there took quite some time in noticing its existence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version