ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

UltraEdit bundle on Bits du Jour 31st August 2009

(1/4) > >>

rjbull:
Bits du Jour has an offer on the UltraEdit Bundle of UltraEdit, UltraCompare, and UltraSentry for 31 August 2009. Deal price $49.95, list price $139.95, you save 65%.

UltraEdit is mouser's favourite editor and came top in the DC Best Text Editor review (though the review is getting out of date).  As well as the editor, the bundle includes UltraCompare that lets you instantly review the differences between up to three files or folders, and support file merging and FTP.  Finally, UltraSentry is an application that deletes data to United States Department of Defense standards, making files and folders unrecoverable, and offers secure disk sanitation, registry cleaning, and advanced browser security.

mouser:
I still really like ultraedit.

It should be pointed out though that the other two applications that are bundled..

* For file and folder comparisons I swear by "Beyond Compare" and the free WinMerge is very good (though i don't know how it compares to the latest version of UltraCompare).
* For secure file deletion and registry/browser cleanup, there are terrific free programs (Eraser and CCleaner for example).

wraith808:
What it basically works out to is that you get UltraSentry and UltraCompare for free, considering the fact that UltraEdit is normally 49.95 in any case.

cyberdiva:
Like Mouser, I really like UltraEdit.  For years, I went back and forth between Boxer and UltraEdit as my favorite text editor, but UltraEdit finally won out.  I'm still using version 14, having seen no reason to pay $ to move to version 15.  And I also second Mouser's views on Beyond Compare for comparing files and Eraser for deleting them securely.  Still, if you don't already use UltraEdit and want to buy it, the BduJ offer seems to me very attractive.

mwb1100:
It looks like the deal might be postponed (or off) - it no longer shows on the BDJ preview page and if you go directly to the BDJ UltraEdit deal page the date of the offer is now "???".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version