ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

folder comments in explorer?

(1/2) > >>

nudone:
again, pardon my ignorance.

i see there is a 'comments' column you can display whilst in details view when using windows explorer - er, like, how do i write a comment for a folder (or file)?

is it just for things like mp3 tags?

can i do something similar in Directory Opus?

(i have a feeling this has been talked about before.)

Hirudin:
I don't know jack squat about comments, but I do have a couple bits of info I'm going to share anyway. I think it has something to do with the NTFS filesystem (new technology file system filesystem?). Also, I do indeed seem to remember seeing something about editing them in Directory Opus. I took a very quick look, but couldn't find where I may have seen that...

I'm just full of useful info aren't I?

nudone:
that is intriguing.

Carol Haynes:
Have you checked File Properties? (Right click on a file in Explorer, click properties and click on the Summary Tab) there is a comments field you can type in - presumably this is it ???

nudone:
well, i have to say that i didn't know that, Carol.

i guess i would have discovered it eventually but i've been trying to get comments for folders - the properties method doesn't appear to work that way.

whilst i was quickly testing this file comment method i noticed that i couldn't apply it to video (.avi) files.

thanks for pointing it out, Carol. i'd still like to know if there is a way of doing it for folders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version