ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help? Learning how to drive...

<< < (7/8) > >>

app103:
You can't say you know how to drive unless you have driven in India.
-sri (September 22, 2009, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like parts of NJ.  :P

redstarnyc:
Reminds me of midtown manhattan

Deozaan:
I'm hoping that some of you can give me some thoughts on how I can prepare myself better before I go out to BtW (prior experience is a requirement).
-wreckedcarzz (August 22, 2009, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

You absolutely must have prior driving experience before you can attend your Driver's Ed class? That doesn't make sense. Isn't the purpose of Driver's Ed to teach you how to drive?

I had never driven a car until I did so in my Driver's Ed class. Then after I got my license I had to learn how to drive stick shift because that's the kind of car we had, and my mom didn't want me driving her BMW.

To be honest, I didn't want to drive her BMW either. I hated driving for the first two or three years. I always saw it as a huge responsibility and not a fun, enjoyable thing.

Shades:
And besides that, a BMW is a rear wheel driven car. Those behave (really) different when you encounter a traffic situation where drastic action is required. Front wheel driven cars are behaving more "friendly" in those situations.

Having said this, I like the driving experience that is BMW (yep, I'll admit it....BMW fanboy here). 

sri:
When I was new to driving, I watched this video series:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BSMDrivingSchool

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version