ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help? Learning how to drive...

<< < (6/8) > >>

stansrailpix:
How about some tips for a parent (me) teaching a son to drive ? :-\
          Thanks,
                       Stan

MilesAhead:
How about some tips for a parent (me) teaching a son to drive ? :-\
          Thanks,
                       Stan
-stansrailpix (September 02, 2009, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wear a motorcycle helmet.  Not for crashes, but to keep you from pulling your hair out.   :eusa_dance:

wreckedcarzz:
Oh god, I'm starting to freak ;D

Mom took me out on Friday after school and I had another go at the parking lot - lots more crosstraffic and cut-throughs due to the Blockbuster, so I had a good time interacting with the traffic :P

Ended up hitting 35MPH (intentionally) and that was enough for me (bit fast for a parking lot though) and am getting good at pulling/backing to angled spaces (dad let me park at Wal-Mart this morning, and I did a "good job" at it :)). Also tried to parallel park twice - first time was accurate, but 18" from the curb (about 1/2 a meter) and the 2nd time was 12" (1/3 meter). Not bad for a first time shot in a rigged environment.

Still gotta run down to MVD to get my Learners Permit, guess I'll do that next week or so (school has made things hectic) and then I can get out on the road with all you other crazy people :P

olla86:
How about the special computer tests or programms 8)

sri:
You can't say you know how to drive unless you have driven in India.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version