ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help? Learning how to drive...

<< < (3/8) > >>

MilesAhead:
Well, cruise control can come in handy if you're trying to save some time by getting a pedicure while traversing cities.  Sometimes one has to multi-task. :)

jgpaiva:
Yeah, and when you need to do something with both hands, like posting to DC. You can use the feet to drive in that situation. Please notice that this is probably THE only situation where using cruise control while traversing cities is acceptable!

MilesAhead:
That and if you happen to be doin' some scratchin' .. samplin' of the vinyl!!  Can't drive without tunes man!! :)

wreckedcarzz:
Yeah, and when you need to do something with both hands, like posting to DC. You can use the feet to drive in that situation. Please notice that this is probably THE only situation where using cruise control while traversing cities is acceptable!
-jgpaiva (August 23, 2009, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would give me an excuse to use my new Eee, too! :D

bgd77:
As an ex-beginner, I have 3 recommendations:
- practice: practice as much as you can, before and after you get your license; after you get your license, travel as much as you can on different types of road, from city-center at rush hour to mountain roads
- if you make mistakes, don't loose your confidence; it is just the normal process of learning
- if you find yourself in a situation when you have to make a choice (e.g.: an intersection), and one of the alternatives would put you into a dangerous position, don't do it; do just what you are confident you can do, even if the other drivers start to car

After 3000-5000 km you will become very confident into yourself and will know very good the car's limits. Be careful when changing the car. Every car behaves differently and the type of the motor (diesel or gas) as well as it's power are very important. If you plan to drive in Europe, it could be necessary to learn how to drive cars with manual transmission, as there are few cars with automatic transmission here.

Good luck and drive safe!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version