ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

slideshow to dvd making

<< < (5/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I would be very interested to see it (if you can face posting me a copy). Let me know when you get back and if it all works I'll send you my address by PM.

Cheers - have a great trip Tony.

rjbull:
The Royal Photographic Society's Colour Group has just distributed its annual exhibition CD-ROM (I have not looked at this) made with Pictures-to-Exe;

PicturesToExe has simple and intuitive interface, so creating of a presentation is very easy. All you have to do is choose some pictures (in JPG, GIF or BMP format). PicturesToExe will produce single EXE file, which contains all images inside. No additional programs (including PicturesToExe itself) are needed to run resulting presentation - only that stand-alone EXE file. And it will work under Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000 and XP. If your demands are a bit higher, PicturesToExe allows you to make much more attractive presentations, than simply changing slides. You can customize each slide by specifying background color or picture, adding comments, sounds, objects. Moreover, it's possible to use different cinematographic transition effects between slides, add background music (in MP3, WAV or MIDI format). And ability to exactly synchronize show of slides to music, placing points on the time-line. If it is necessary, you are able to protect your presentation by password and assign expiration date. Presentations can be automatic (by timer) or controlled manually, run once or continuously. If you prefer, you can create SCR files (instead of EXE), and use your presentations as a standard Windows screen savers. Ability to prepare DVD-Video disc. The program has multi-language interface (19 languages are supported now).

--- End quote ---

More here  http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/index.html

Various registration options from $24 for private, non-commercial use up to $59 for corporate use.

Carol Haynes:
Just tried it - it is quite nice but does rather less than PhotoStory 3 does (which is free).

It also suggests buying ULead DVD Movie Factory to produce DVDs.

I would suggest if you are going to buy something from Ulead then CD & DVD PictureShow does everything in Picture-to-exe and more and also produces DVDs directly.

rjbull:
I tend to avoid anything made by Microsoft, even if it's "free," simply because it's Microsoft.  The point about buying Ulead is well made.

Is IrfanView on its own not up to the job?  I don't think it can burn DVDs directly but assume most people will have freestanding software for that anyway.

Carol Haynes:
Point taken about MS, but PS3 is actually quite a nice little package and worth investigating if you want to do this sort of thing.

As far as I know Irfan View will display a slideshow on screen from a folder of photos. I'm not sure it can generate 'movies' though. I have never seen such an option. I am no longer using IrfanView so I can't check.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version