ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

slideshow to dvd making

<< < (3/6) > >>

tsaint:
I was hoping that I could "input" large files even tho the res was way too high for the sake of getting them stored automatically by sonic on the dvd.
Ive ended up with low res files stored there. So ....
if I uncheck the "save pics to dvd" box, how am I going to be able to get an extra directory of pics burned to the dvd? I assume I'd need to use a rw dvd (I've never been there before - don't know if I can use them in my dvd writer). I note you said Nero seems to be able to support this, so maybe I'll head to the IT mall tomorrow and buy a supply of cheap dvd rw disks. A warning voice in my head is suggesting I also buy some vallium to help the experiment along.

mouser:
hehehe.

i believe the app that does this that i loved was:
http://www.arcsoft.com/products/dvdslideshow/

very easy to use and did an amazing job of automatically adding pan and zoom effects with no need for help from me.

im sure there are more customizable tools but this one was as pain free as you can imagine with very nice results.

Carol Haynes:
Unfortunaely DVD-RW discs aren't generally mutisession (like CD-RWs, CD-R). They are usally only RW in the  sense you can reformat them and use again. Some DVD-RW uses can be multisession (like DVD-VR format discs produced by DVD recorders) but I don't think Nero can write them as multisesseion for DVD-Video discs.

Sorry I was being a bit stupid wasn't I !!

To produce them on Nero you you have to recode the output using TMPGEnc and build the entire DVD in Nero, thus not using the Sonic plugin.

I haven't got PS3 or the Sonic plugin installed at the moment so I don't know if this is possible. If you can create a DVD folder (VIDEO_TS) on your harddisc in PS3 or via the Sonic plugin, or an ISO image, you could then rebuild the DVD content on your hard disc and then add the photos in Nero before buring to a disc.

tsaint:
Before my Sonic attempt, I tried tmpgenc on the photo story output  and had a lovely set of files - vob and inf type thinggies which I tried to get nero to burn to a video dvd. Nero kept rejecting all except the vob and in the end, the bloody dvd seemed defective. So thats why I gave up on tempgenc
It's all quite mysterious to me

Carol Haynes:
I know this may be seen as patronising but you were using the Nero DVD-Video template and putting all the files generated into the Video_TS folder ??

It seems daft to check this but I have chosen the wrong template occasionally by mistake and then things don't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version