ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RE-PACK setup.exe

(1/3) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello folks , once again. i need  a small help here,,,,i had some setup.exe warez, and i was thinking if i could re-pack the setup.exe, after installation back to setup.exe. (fully working)
                    Since i usually dont remember n tend to delete them, from my Folder n Recycle Bin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Really like www.donationcoder.com ,  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

scancode:
Hello folks , once again. i need  a small help here,,,,i had some setup.exe warez, and i was thinking if i could re-pack the setup.exe, after installation back to setup.exe. (fully working)
                    Since i usually dont remember n tend to delete them, from my Folder n Recycle Bin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Really like www.donationcoder.com ,  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-hulkbuster (August 21, 2009, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll just ignore the 'warez' part. There's no easy way to do that, but you could use NSIS: export the app's registry settings, then use REG2NSIS, then replace the absolute paths for NSIS variables, and then write a simple installer script.

Another option would be a SFX archive and a small batchfile.
Cheers.

hulkbuster:
export the app's registry settings, then use REG2NSIS, then replace the absolute paths for NSIS variables, and then write a simple installer script.

--- End quote ---
Can u elaborate a little, cause i m new to (  NSIS & REGNSIS  )  , however once i came across uharc(compressor) for creating SFX...
   but to export app's registry is a new thing. Hope i m not asking too much of ur time....

Thank u

scancode:
export the app's registry settings, then use REG2NSIS, then replace the absolute paths for NSIS variables, and then write a simple installer script.

--- End quote ---
Can u elaborate a little, cause i m new to (  NSIS & REGNSIS  )  , however once i came across uharc(compressor) for creating SFX...
   but to export app's registry is a new thing. Hope i m not asking too much of ur time....

Thank u
-hulkbuster (August 22, 2009, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

No problem. I'll make a video tutorial, but you'll have to forgive my sucky english :)

hulkbuster:
No problem , i can wait....  :D :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version