ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Compleet]: Auto replace icon in captionbar & taskbar

<< < (5/8) > >>

tmpusr:
Thanks for the answers. A few more:

Is it possible to dim all icons and buttons (by overlaying them with a dark transparent bitmap instead of opaque) - and perhaps unblank (if possible, with fade in) when hovering?

Is it possible to blank out/dim the tray icons?

I use the classic style which isn't actually a visual style. I would need a visual style that looks like classic, one without any bitmaps, because I want one that uses system colors and doesn't impose its own.

Unless I use a visual style, to blank out the min, max, close buttons it would seem I need to hack the font.

Is it possible to remove the lines and + from Explorer's folder tree?

I'd like to be able to remove all icons and bitmaps from the UI, leaving just the button rectangles and text (if there originally was) for a command line-like visual experience, no bright spots or colors anywhere, just black and dark gray text and rectangles.

skwire:
Is it possible to make a version that blanks only the window icons but leaves the taskbar icons? I'd like to see the icons in the taskbar but not in the corner of the window.
Is it possible to blank out (or replace) the minimize, maximize, close buttons?
Is it possible to blank out (or replace) the icons in the Explorer toolbar, especially the Windows logo on a white background? Or does it require hacking shell?
Is it possible to blank out (or replace) the start button and the << button that displays hidden tray icons?-tmpusr (September 28, 2009, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) Not that I'm aware of.
2) Yes, I can get rid of them.  (It would be just one more line of code in TBarIconBlanker)
3) Res-hacking would be required for this, I believe.
4) Start button, yes.  The << button, you can get rid of yourself by disabling the "Hide inactive tray icons" option under Taskbar properties.

Is it possible to dim all icons and buttons (by overlaying them with a dark transparent bitmap instead of opaque) - and perhaps unblank (if possible, with fade in) when hovering?
Is it possible to blank out/dim the tray icons?
I use the classic style which isn't actually a visual style. I would need a visual style that looks like classic, one without any bitmaps, because I want one that uses system colors and doesn't impose its own.
Unless I use a visual style, to blank out the min, max, close buttons it would seem I need to hack the font.
Is it possible to remove the lines and + from Explorer's folder tree?
I'd like to be able to remove all icons and bitmaps from the UI, leaving just the button rectangles and text (if there originally was) for a command line-like visual experience, no bright spots or colors anywhere, just black and dark gray text and rectangles.
-tmpusr (September 28, 2009, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're asking if TBarIconBlanker can do this, I think it would be WAY out of scope for this simple app.  Your questions might be better suited to a dedicated windows customisation site.

tmpusr:
I'd like to blank out the << while tray icon hiding is active.

I know there's some utility that can hide buttons and other UI elements, but I can't remember what it is. To minimize visual clutter, I'd simply like it to hide every button and only when I'm hovering would they appear.

2) Yes, I can get rid of them.  (It would be just one more line of code in TBarIconBlanker)
-skwire (September 28, 2009, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd appreciate that line. Is it also possible to blank out the My Computer/Internet icon in Explorer's status bar?

skwire:
I know there's some utility that can hide buttons and other UI elements, but I can't remember what it is. To minimize visual clutter, I'd simply like it to hide every button and only when I'm hovering would they appear.
2) Yes, I can get rid of them.  (It would be just one more line of code in TBarIconBlanker)
I'd appreciate that line. Is it also possible to blank out the My Computer/Internet icon in Explorer's status bar?-tmpusr (September 28, 2009, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Modify the code like this:

--- ---; Shell hook to blank out windows that are subsequently created.
ShellMessage( wParam, lParam )
{
    Global hIcon   
    If wParam in 1,6,32772
    {
        SendMessage, 0x80, 0, hIcon, , % "ahk_id " . lParam ; Blank out titlebar and taskbar icons.
        WinSet, Style, -0x80000, % "ahk_id " . lParam       ; Get rid of min/max/close buttons. <<<<<<<<<< Add this line.
    }
}
There's no magical hover effect.  You can set +0x80000 to get the buttons back.

tmpusr:
Is it possible just to hide them, not remove them?
Is it possible to hide just some of them, e.g. leaving the close button only?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version