ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Compleet]: Auto replace icon in captionbar & taskbar

<< < (3/8) > >>

NaaN:
A compiled version would be great ! I just remember there was also a "start with windows" function in it. Would it be hard to keep that in there ?
-NaaN (August 23, 2009, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, it's possible.  However, there would be a need for a tray menu (or some other way to toggle it).  Also, his code writes a registry entry for the startup function.  I figured you wanted this as minimal  and as discreet as possible i.e. no tray icon, stealth, etc.  As an alternative, you can easily just make a shortcut in your startup folder to the script instead.  Would that be sufficient?
-skwire (August 23, 2009, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah that would be perfect too, thanks for pointing that out (slipped my mind ;D)

skwire:
I've rewritten it using a shell hook so, hopefully, it's less CPU/resource intrusive than the original code's loop that ran every 100 milliseconds.  The source and executable are provided in the attached zip file.  If you want it to start with your Windows, just make a shortcut in your startup folder to TBarIconBlanker.exe.  It has no menu or tray icon so the only way to stop it is to kill it via the Task Manager (or similar method).

Download

NaaN:
Testing it right now, i'll report back a.s.a.p.

NaaN:
It does seem to respond a lot quicker then the original script and works like a charm ! :-* If I find any errors or bugs, I'll report back.

Thank you very very much, you've ended my long search for a program like this ! Do you mind if I share it on some customizing sites ? I'm sure there are quite a few people that would love it.

skwire:
Sure.  However, if you don't mind, please link it from here to get DC exposure:

Download

The text link is:
--- ---http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/tbariconblanker/TBarIconBlanker.zip
I cleaned up the code a bit and repackaged it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version