ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Compleet]: Auto replace icon in captionbar & taskbar

(1/8) > >>

NaaN:
Hi all,

Probably a strange idea but I'll try to explain what it is I'm looking for and why.

What am I looking for:
I'm looking for a little program that will automatically replace the icon on left side of every open window/application and taskbar for a transparent icon.
I used to do this with resource hacker (reshacker) hacking into the applications .exe or even the explorer shell itself. This is very time consuming job which usually can be redone after windows decides to update.

Why ?
In the desktop customizing community we try skin/theme windows to our liking. As I like my desktop as minimal as I can get it, I want to get rid of those icons, but there really isn't an easy way to do it, besides using alternative shells (which are not what I'm looking for).

I've found an application that basically does what I'm looking for but it comes packed with a lot of features that are useless and taking up memory. It's made with auto hotkey and comes with a source included. I tried editing the source, removing features I don't need, but I'm afraid my "coding" skills are just n00b level.

If anyone has suggestions for alternative programs I'd like hear it ! Furthermore, if someone is inspired to help me out, I can attach the program and code I found.

Thanks for reading !

skwire:
Sure, post it.

NaaN:
Thanks, I included the whole package, the program itself, and the source.

skwire:
Is this the only thing you want the script to do?  As in, you want everything else stripped out, right?

NaaN:
Yup, just the icon replacing function, the rest is not needed. (keeping the "auto startup function would be nice)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version