ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

USB Safely Remove for Free

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
You reboot?  I click Remove a couple of times then pull the thing!!  :)
-MilesAhead (August 19, 2009, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trouble is I have done that with a USB hard drive and ended up having to run a full CHKDSK to fix the errors caused!
-Carol Haynes (August 19, 2009, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.  I bought this on BDJ, and it was one of the best software investments I've made recently.

MilesAhead:
You reboot?  I click Remove a couple of times then pull the thing!!  :)
-MilesAhead (August 19, 2009, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trouble is I have done that with a USB hard drive and ended up having to run a full CHKDSK to fix the errors caused!
-Carol Haynes (August 19, 2009, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That seems odd.  Did you have write caching enabled or folders shared over the network?  I disconnect all shares, hit the Stop thingy a couple of times, then run my UpdateEnv program a few times to try the flush the shell.  In any case, now we have the utility so cheating is no longer necessary. :)

edit: btw what really surprised me is the "Eject" command for BlacX USB dock seems to do nothing.  Every time I tried it I got the "windows is unable yadda yadda..."  I'll have to try this utility with it to see what happens.

cranioscopical:
what really surprised me is the "Eject" command for BlacX USB dock seems to do nothing.  Every time I tried it I got the "windows is unable yadda yadda..."  I'll have to try this utility with it to see what happens.
-MilesAhead (August 19, 2009, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
You'll be happy, it works fine with mine when using USB!  :)

CleverCat:
Nice find!  :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
Great find...signed up to get one. The only limitation I noticed on this free license is it is good for the current version (v4.1) only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version