ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need drivers for 56K internal modem (PCI)

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
i have this problem with a WinXP PC that throws up a 'found new hardware' message each it's started. the device happens to be a 'Modem PCI Simple Communications Controller', a google search showed that it's a code for internal PCI modem. so i checked further and found that it's called 'Agere PCI Soft Modem' with the chipset labelled MSP-7850W. the problem is now finding the drivers since Agere has long been sold to Lucent (or is it vice-versa) and somehow the vendors website is now non-existent.

the normally reliable google search only points to certain drivers website where one has to install a certain driver-sleuth programs before being able to download the drivers. so i would like to ask fellow DC'ers if they happen to have the drivers or the links to this drivers, please share with me. thanks.. :)

The modem's identification string.

scancode:
I'm not sure, but I think this drivers will do fine:
If they don't, please post the device's VENdor and DEVice IDs (Device Manager, Properties, Details view, Device Instance ID).
The string should look like this:
PCI\VEN_XXXX&DEV_YYYY&(some more hex here)

lanux128:
thanks scancode, i'll download and try the drivers. just in case, the vendor id is 11C1 and the device id is 048C. i checked them earlier at pcidatabase.com but didn't know what to make of it. :)

scancode:
the vendor id is 11C1 and the device id is 048C.-lanux128 (August 18, 2009, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

%AGERE3% = AGERE_PCI, PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_048C
-agrsmv32.inf
--- End quote ---

Seems it's your lucky day!

40hz:
I sent you an e-mail with what I hope you're looking for.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

<Edit: Whoops! Looks like scancode beat me to it. ;D>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version