ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Batman Arkham Aslyum (coming in Sept.2009)

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
as you may (or may not) know, there is a new game based on the Batman to be released next month. no one can be sure how the finished article is going to be, but i'm quite glad that this is a stand-alone game, not a movie tie-in. games that are based on movies are normally rushed through production and the story-line is quite blasé.

i've just finished the demo and even though it was quite short at about 20-30mins, there are ample signs that this game has the potential. so for those who always wanted to don the dark knight's cape, this is your chance. :)

• http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/

f0dder:
Is the game really as detailed as the screenshots from their main site? Seems to be pretty high-poly and with pretty decent textures - not bad :)

lanux128:
i don't have a very high-end card but in the demo the graphics was quite detailed. having said that, one should know that this game is also being released for the consoles, so the final version is anyone's guess. maybe the devs would have to adhere to constraints of the consoles and port that version to PC or they might actually release concurrent version for the different systems. but do try the demo, you'll notice that it has very good production quality. 8)

TheQwerty:
You had me scared for a second.
The PC version comes out September 15, but the console version is still listed as next week.

The 360 version was good enough to get me to pre-order it, but I'm still expecting to be ultimately disappointed. Though, indeed the graphics were quite nice and detailed.

lanux128:
yes, my bad.. the console version comes out earlier as they had to push back the date for PC release. hopefully they don't get side-tracked and release it 8 months later like Assassin's Creed. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version