topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Batman Arkham Aslyum (coming in Sept.2009)  (Read 5794 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Batman Arkham Aslyum (coming in Sept.2009)
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:13 PM »
as you may (or may not) know, there is a new game based on the Batman to be released next month. no one can be sure how the finished article is going to be, but i'm quite glad that this is a stand-alone game, not a movie tie-in. games that are based on movies are normally rushed through production and the story-line is quite blasé.

i've just finished the demo and even though it was quite short at about 20-30mins, there are ample signs that this game has the potential. so for those who always wanted to don the dark knight's cape, this is your chance. :)

ShippingPC-BmGame.exe_2009-08-13_001_ver002.png

http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Batman Arkham Aslyum (coming in Sept.2009)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Is the game really as detailed as the screenshots from their main site? Seems to be pretty high-poly and with pretty decent textures - not bad :)
- carpe noctem

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:47 PM »
i don't have a very high-end card but in the demo the graphics was quite detailed. having said that, one should know that this game is also being released for the consoles, so the final version is anyone's guess. maybe the devs would have to adhere to constraints of the consoles and port that version to PC or they might actually release concurrent version for the different systems. but do try the demo, you'll notice that it has very good production quality. 8)

TheQwerty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 06:43 PM »
You had me scared for a second.
The PC version comes out September 15, but the console version is still listed as next week.

The 360 version was good enough to get me to pre-order it, but I'm still expecting to be ultimately disappointed. Though, indeed the graphics were quite nice and detailed.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:59 PM »
yes, my bad.. the console version comes out earlier as they had to push back the date for PC release. hopefully they don't get side-tracked and release it 8 months later like Assassin's Creed. ;D

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 10:27 PM »
The demo was pretty cool.  I have some concerns about the combat, however, as it seems very easy.

C

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 10:13 PM »
yeah, the combat is a bit button-mashy. i don't know if that's because of the early levels where the bad guys go easy on you or is it generally that way throughout the game. Ars Technica did an early preview about the game's combat system but it was on a PS3 so while it doesn't actually helps the PC gamers.

Exploring the hand-to-hand combat of Batman: Arkham Asylum