ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Bat: Fix all the wrapping issues...now!

(1/6) > >>

superboyac:
The Bat's wrapping issues are really starting to wear on me.  They need to fix this immediately.  I mean, it is really ridiculous.  It's the best email program out there, but this needs to be fixed right now.
I've commented on this here many times, but I'm doing it again.  I've mentioned it on their stupid mailing lists and the reaction is always that it's not a big deal.  Look, email's basic function is writing a bunch of text.  That text needs to wrap like every other freaking box that you write in on a PC...all the way from Notepad to Word to any little form on the web.  Why is it that everything can wrap normally but the Bat can't?

I just noticed that with the way I had my settings, the paragraph wrapping on the other end for my emails look stupid...all jagged with long and short lines.  I didn't know this because I have it wrapping fine in the editor while I'm composing the message.  I've tweaked the wrap settings many times just to get it to wrap like normal in my editor while I type...which is usually i want it to wrap according to my message window size.  No other program have I had such issues, even with the slew of text editors I have tried.

And no, I don't want to use the plain windows editor option instead of Microed because then I'll lose the nice color features and other things.

I'm going to add some screen shots later when I have time about all these things.

This needs to be a priority for the developers.  Don't even get me started on their archaic mailing list.

f0dder:
Personally I just use Alt+L to wrap-format the paragraph I'm in, and that seems to work just fine?

superboyac:
Personally I just use Alt+L to wrap-format the paragraph I'm in, and that seems to work just fine?
-f0dder (August 18, 2009, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I understand the Alt-L thing, but that's not the only issue.  Besides, like I said in another thread, why do we have to do that in the first place?  I don't have to Alt-L in any other program I write in, but I have to do it in my email editor where I write more than anywhere else.  They need to fix the wrapping so it works like a normal editor.

f0dder:
*shrug*

I'm afraid I don't really see the issue - when I write in TB, my stuff gets auto-wrapped (and not in the way that normal editors (and outlooke/OE?) do, since that would produce a single long line of text). I only really need alt+l when doing copy/paste, or dealing with other people's badly formatted mails.

One wrapping issue I can think of is that very long words don't get split up decently - but I can live without hyphenation support in my mail client... I kinda like that it doesn't try to be a full-blown word processor :)

PS: if the receiving end doesn't use a monospace font, things will never look "right".

lanux128:
not wishing to rub it in, but wasn't The Bat voted the best email client here in DC? if it is of any consolation, PSPad had some problems with word-wrap some time ago but thankfully it was fixed in the later versions. by comparing an email client and text editor, i meant to imply that when it comes to programming edit controls, even a dedicated text editor can't get it right sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version