topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: IDEA: Customizable Unicode character paster  (Read 31922 times)

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Customizable Unicode character paster
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Tis the joy of programming, choice!

garbanzo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 12:53 AM »
wow, i'm away from this thread for a few days and now it's gone wild. great improvements to the newest version. i was going to suggest the 'remember window size' feature, but it seems you already implemented it.

one little bug - if you squeeze the window too much, the drop-down box for the Hotkey jumps over to the far right side of the window - see your Hungarian setup to see what i mean.

if you're still looking for ways to improve this, a 'new button' command would be great. it could bring up a dialog box that would allow the user to enter the hex code of a character directly, then reload the INI to show the new button at the end of the list. it would make it a lot more user friendly :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 01:42 PM »
I should tell that I wrote the author of Diacrit yesterday, and he immediately updated his program and added a decimal and hexadecimal tooltip to each button!  :Thmbsup:

diacrit.gif

Diacrit is £10 (approx US$19 or €13)
http://www.diacrit.sandrila.co.uk/

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 03:24 PM »
LangPad is similar, but does not allow customization at all. Character sets must be purchased individually. I don't even think it does Unicode. http://www.langpad.com/

LangPad is containing 10 European language characters in the one and same common version, but the text on the homepage is ambiguous, making you think there may be lot of versions. This common version however merely offers a total of 90 characters, and this is not a lot - see screenshot. What is utterly totally weird about this program is that it literally supports WordPad and NotePad... Did you get it? It doesn't support Word, or your Internet browser, or anything else... - it doesn't even support your clipboard!!!??? This is so strange that I am suspecting the feature may be disabled in my trial copy, but neither the homepage or the help file say so. I simply cannot understand the author's attitude on this mis-feature, this "lack of the obvious".

LangPad is $7

LangPad.gif

click thumb for Outpost firewall message:
LangPad2.gifIDEA: Customizable Unicode character paster

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 07:11 AM »
I should tell that I wrote the author of Diacrit yesterday, and he immediately updated his program and added a decimal and hexadecimal tooltip to each button! 

Diacrit is £10 (approx US$19 or €13)
http://www.diacrit.sandrila.co.uk/

- Today I know, I should have asked him some more questions! As an example: Yesterday I wrote him this:

More and more often I choose not to use Diacrit. Please add a >favourite chars< that I can design myself, so the chars that I actually use are placed together and not divided between five or six "languages".
-Curt to Diacrit's author

Today I received this answer, which I gladly would have received a couple of years ago!!:

Hi Curt, that is very easy to do already, just edit the file diacrit.ini
Make up a name for the language, to make it the first language in the list insert it before Albanian in the line 'Languages1' like (I'll call the language Curt)

Languages1=Curt,Albanian,ArabicLetters, ...

Then before the line Albanian insert a new line like

Curt="Times New Roman",20,4,nnn,nnn,nnn,nnn

where 20 is the font size on the buttons,
4 is the number of buttons across
and nnn or $nnnn is the decimal or hexadecimal unicode value

I hope that helps, please ask if you need any more assistance.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.  http://www.sandrila.co.uk/