ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

My main hard drived just died so i'll be offline today (8/16/09)

<< < (2/3) > >>

nudone:
*cough* RAID-1 *cough*

-f0dder (August 16, 2009, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

or use MirrorFolder if nothing else - which offers more choice (being able to select specific folders).

mahesh2k:
 :up:

gexecuter:
That's bad to hear, i backup my stuff into a dvd every time that i re-install windows. Not the best method but it's all i have since i have only one hard drive.

mouser:
i backup my stuff into a dvd every time that i re-install windows. Not the best method but it's all i have since i have only one hard drive.
--- End quote ---

that's just not good enough.

you need to establish a system for backing up your documents and data much more regularly.. maybe using a free online backup service.

f0dder:
*cough* RAID-1 *cough*
-f0dder (August 16, 2009, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
or use MirrorFolder if nothing else - which offers more choice (being able to select specific folders).
-nudone (August 17, 2009, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, that'd work as well. The point is you need your most important stuff automatically synchronized to a second physical disk, at all times, and of course in addition to a backup scheme.

I personally prefer RAID-1 since you can keep running your system while waiting for new disk / rebuilding the array. My main disk is now a SSD, though, so I'm out of the RAID-1 game for my workstation :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version