topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: Tag2Folder-New Feature added 1.0.3 'Close Tag2Folders after Conversion'  (Read 93768 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Nice article about it on ghacks today: http://www.ghacks.ne...with-tags-2-folders/

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the heads up, mouser.

Lesmo16

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
REQ: Handling of ALBUM ARTIST and/or ARTIST
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 02:32 AM »
I like to request a new setting or even a permanent behaviour concerning the handling of ALBUM ARTIST and/or ARTIST tags.

If the token $albumartist is used in template, then Tags2Folders should look for that ALBUM ARTIST tag, of course. If that tag isn't valid (i.e. doesn't exist) than ARTIST tag should be used instead.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is a good idea.  I'll find the time to implement it.  =]

Corgo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!

Is this program still beeing maintained?
If so, then I would like to ask if there is any chance to keep the original filename.

I have albums, with mp3, jpg, nfo, txt files in the folders.
So what I wish to do is to move them into Genre folders (which your program is already capable to do).
BUt I wish to keep the original foldername.

Would it be difficult to implement?
So your soft should judge by one mp3 within the folder the genre type, and move the entire folder, to a destination\genre\original folder name...

Would be a very quick Album sorting method for me :)

THanks in advance!!!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, Corgo, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

Is this program still beeing maintained?

Yes, I maintain my programs as I find the time.

If so, then I would like to ask if there is any chance to keep the original filename.

Based on what you describe below, I assume you meant foldername and not filename, right?

I have albums, with mp3, jpg, nfo, txt files in the folders.
So what I wish to do is to move them into Genre folders (which your program is already capable to do).
BUt I wish to keep the original foldername.

Understood.

Would it be difficult to implement?
So your soft should judge by one mp3 within the folder the genre type, and move the entire folder, to a destination\genre\original folder name...
Would be a very quick Album sorting method for me :)
THanks in advance!!!

What you're requesting is doable, yes.  The tricky part is how to add such functionality to the existing Tags 2 Folders interface.  Give me a bit to think about how to implement it.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.1.1 - 2013-10-02
    + Added option to use substitute the $artist tag value if the
      $albumartist tag is missing (and specified in the template,
      of course).  (Thanks, Lesmo16)

v1.1.0 - 2012-12-08
    + Added ALBUMARTIST support for MP3, FLAC, OGG, WMA and MP4 files.

v1.0.9 - 2012-12-04
    + Added $albumartist token.  Because there is no hard standard for an
      ALBUMARTIST tag, Tags 2 Folders evaulates for the following tags
      (in order): ALBUM ARTIST (APEv2 tag), ALBUMARTIST (APEv2 tag),
      MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTIST (APEv2 tag) & the ID3v2 TPE2 frame.
      (Thanks, pat.rick)
    + Added ability to edit and save multiple token strings.

Lesmo16

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks, Jody!  :)

newlexicon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi! Would anybody be able to tell me what token to input in order to have my music sorted by artist AND create album subfolders within each artist's folder?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, newlexicon, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

Hi! Would anybody be able to tell me what token to input in order to have my music sorted by artist AND create album subfolders within each artist's folder?

Please read through this post here: https://www.donation....msg182194#msg182194

Let me know if that answers your question.  Keep in mind that you will almostly certainly have to use a different template for multi-artist or various artists albums.  My advice would be to start small and use the "Copy" mode so it doesn't mess with your original files.  That way, you can get an idea of how the application works.  Also, make 100% sure that your files are tagged properly.  I cannot stress this enough.  Garbage in, garbage out, as they say.  =]  Let me know how it goes for you.

newlexicon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That's what I was looking for! Great, thanks! Great program!

In regards to the various artists albums--what token might you suggest for that?

nkormanik

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
make 100% sure that your files are tagged properly

Anyone have a suggestion on a program which automatically tags mp3 files -- by downloading any needed info from the Internet?

Manually tagging a huge collection of tunes would be nearly impossible.

Thanks!

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There seems to be a bug... :) v1.1.1 build 2

I have a file set that it sends to Fix Me rather than processing. It is not the first set to be processed incorrectly. It seems to be 1 in 100 or so. Only using one tag.

Additionally, not sure if it is a bug, but in Win 10 The tag template is not stored between sessions, though all other selections are.
Why an I Magician62? Because Magician1 thru 61 were gone. :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a file set that it sends to Fix Me rather than processing. It is not the first set to be processed incorrectly. It seems to be 1 in 100 or so. Only using one tag.

Is it the same file(s) consistently?  If so, can you provide me with one?

Additionally, not sure if it is a bug, but in Win 10 The tag template is not stored between sessions, though all other selections are.

I don't have, nor plan to move to, Windows 10, but this sounds like a UAC-related issue.  Two things you can try are running the app with administrator rights or move the app install folder to a non-UAC-protected location.

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Jody, looking at the ini file, I would say it's not a UAC issue

What is happening is that you can create a template. $album, which gets saved to the ini on close. But when you re-open it is not reading that field from the ini, though the template is there.

I will zip the file set and upload to the web and PM you a link.  I can get it to consistently fail.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:28 AM by magician62 »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What is happening is that you can create a template. $album, which gets saved to the ini on close. But when you re-open it is not reading that field from the ini, though the template is there.

Ah, I think I know what's happening.  To confirm, I'm going to guess there are a few other templates that start with "$album" in your template list, right?  If so, and until I can fix this, you can try putting your lone "$album" entry at the top of the list.

I will zip the file set and upload to the web and PM you a link.  I can get it to consistently fail.

If I load that album up in mp3Tag (my fav audio file tagger), it shows that those files have "!BAD ID3v2" tags.  They'll need to be fixed before Tags2Folders will work properly.

2015-09-15_091452.pngDONE: Tag2Folder-New Feature added 1.0.3 'Close Tag2Folders after Conversion'

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Jody, I have no entries in the tag list. I only installed a few days ago and have only used $album. to get files that had got separated back together before processing in mp3tag.

As to tag, well spotted. fixed it in mp3tag

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Jody, I have no entries in the tag list. I only installed a few days ago and have only used $album. to get files that had got separated back together before processing in mp3tag.

Odd.  If it's okay with you, would you mind sending me your Tags2Folders.ini and your templates.txt file?

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Jody templates.txt file is empty

Here is the content of the ini, less source and destination paths.

[Settings]
Template=$album
Missing=-= FixMe =
Close=0
Recurse=1
Show_Folder=0
File_Mod=1
Artist_Default=1

Move_Copy=1

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Jody templates.txt file is empty

Did you click the [...] button, add the $album token to the list, and click the Save button?

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK. I think I have a clue! It may be a misunderstanding on my part of the function.

I have not been creating a template using the pop-up window and saving it. I have just been putting $album in the Tag options field. Seeing it in the ini, made me think it was being saved there and retrieved from there. I am now thinking the ini is only showing the last used? And the templates.txt, is where the token should be saved?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have not been creating a template using the pop-up window and saving it. I have just been putting $album in the Tag options field. Seeing it in the ini, made me think it was being saved there and retrieved from there. I am now thinking the ini is only showing the last used? And the templates.txt, is where the token should be saved?

Correct.  That way, you can have several templates saved and easily choose between them.  Apologies for the confusion.  =]

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Would it be possible on exit to compare the content of the Tag options field to the content of the templates.txt and offer to add it if it does not exist.

This would eliminate mistakes like mine, and remind people to save their templates.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'll consider it.   :D

magician62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another feature that might prove useful when handling large numbers of files would be to an option to ignore files where any of the tags are empty and leave them where they are, rather than moving to a folder such as Fix Me. This would then allow for the possibility of other clues in the folder or folder name/path.