I hope this is the appropriate place to make comments and suggestions. First off, great little program .. just what I was looking for. These are some thoughts that came to mind as I tried it out for the first time. I hope they can be of help...
- Tags2Folders doesn't remove its temp folder/files ($$$$$_Tags2Folders_temp) it created in the Windows temp directory. Is this intentional?
- The program has a problem when used on a system with a different DPI setting (Rt.click on Desktop, Settings, Advanced, DPI setting, set to 120dpi). Some of the text is partially missing. (see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=129586
- Doesn't maintain Created datestamps on the copied/moved files. Could this be added. Sometimes Created is useful when sorting/finding/organizing files.
- There's no way to pause or abort the process once started, short of hitting the big "X". Could the 'Go' bar act as a toggle?
- If files are already in the destination, could you skip the copy/move if filename and MD5 matches (as an option). This might speed things up, effectively copying/moving only those files that aren't already in the destination.
- Could config.ini to be changed to Tags2Folders.ini? That way the program could exist in a directory where other programs create or read a config.ini.
- Config.ini doesn't remember Copy/Move option. Could this be added?
- Will this work with 10,000+ files (due to limited buffer space, etc.)? I just want to make sure before I let'er rip... ;>)