ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Tag2Folder-New Feature added 1.0.3 'Close Tag2Folders after Conversion'

<< < (6/17) > >>

paarkhi:
Sir, Can I request a feature for 'Close Afterwards' which is default on, either checkbox or in menu
Thanking you for the same

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.3 - 2009-11-13
    + Added "Close Tags 2 Folders after sorting" option.  (Thanks, paarkhi)
    * Recurse & Show Folder options are remembered between sessions.

paarkhi:
Works Perfectly as Desired, and as usual Thank you, Now I think it has almost come to a full blown application and offers all the features which a full blown application can offer...

Really Thank you, I don't get tired requesting and you don't get tired by fulfilling it, and Thank you for the same.

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

TT1:
I hope this is the appropriate place to make comments and suggestions.  First off, great little program .. just what I was looking for.  These are some thoughts that came to mind as I tried it out for the first time.  I hope they can be of help...

- Tags2Folders doesn't remove its temp folder/files ($$$$$_Tags2Folders_temp) it created in the Windows temp directory.  Is this intentional?

- The program has a problem when used on a system with a different DPI setting (Rt.click on Desktop, Settings, Advanced, DPI setting, set to 120dpi).  Some of the text is partially missing. (see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=129586)

- Doesn't maintain Created datestamps on the copied/moved files.  Could this be added.  Sometimes Created is useful when sorting/finding/organizing files.

- There's no way to pause or abort the process once started, short of hitting the big "X".  Could the 'Go' bar act as a toggle?

- If files are already in the destination, could you skip the copy/move if filename and MD5 matches (as an option).  This might speed things up, effectively copying/moving only those files that aren't already in the destination.

- Could config.ini to be changed to Tags2Folders.ini?  That way the program could exist in a directory where other programs create or read a config.ini.

- Config.ini doesn't remember Copy/Move option.  Could this be added?

- Will this work with 10,000+ files (due to limited buffer space, etc.)?  I just want to make sure before I let'er rip...  ;>)

Thanks.

skwire:
I hope this is the appropriate place to make comments and suggestions.  First off, great little program .. just what I was looking for.  These are some thoughts that came to mind as I tried it out for the first time.  I hope they can be of help...-TT1 (February 19, 2010, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment and feedback.  Yep, this is the place for requests and suggestions.   :)

- Tags2Folders doesn't remove its temp folder/files ($$$$$_Tags2Folders_temp) it created in the Windows temp directory.  Is this intentional?
- Doesn't maintain Created datestamps on the copied/moved files.  Could this be added.  Sometimes Created is useful when sorting/finding/organizing files.
- There's no way to pause or abort the process once started, short of hitting the big "X".  Could the 'Go' bar act as a toggle?
- Could config.ini to be changed to Tags2Folders.ini?  That way the program could exist in a directory where other programs create or read a config.ini.
- Config.ini doesn't remember Copy/Move option.  Could this be added?-TT1 (February 19, 2010, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2010-02-19
    + Added option to preserver file modification times.  (Thanks, TT1)
    + Added capability to cancel file processing once started.  (Thanks, TT1)
    * Copy/Move files options is now remembered between sessions.  (Thanks, TT1)
    * Changed configuration file name to Tags2Folders.ini.  (Thanks, TT1)
    ! Temp folder is removed properly now.  (Thanks, TT1)

- The program has a problem when used on a system with a different DPI setting (Rt.click on Desktop, Settings, Advanced, DPI setting, set to 120dpi).  Some of the text is partially missing. (see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=129586)-TT1 (February 19, 2010, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I do have code in place for 120DPI boxes and it looks fine on my test VM under that DPI setting.  Would you mind posting a screenshot and I'll fix it in the next build?

- If files are already in the destination, could you skip the copy/move if filename and MD5 matches (as an option).  This might speed things up, effectively copying/moving only those files that aren't already in the destination.-TT1 (February 19, 2010, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't overwrite any existing files so they should be "skipped" already.

- Will this work with 10,000+ files (due to limited buffer space, etc.)?  I just want to make sure before I let'er rip...  ;>)-TT1 (February 19, 2010, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, shouldn't be a problem.  The slowest part is the actual copying/moving of the files.  The tag scanning is adapted from my Trout audio player and is very fast (if I may be so bold).  I'd be curious to know how it does perform for you, though.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version