Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 11:53:15 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any recommendations for a system tray CPU/RAM meter?  (Read 4822 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:01:14 AM »

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a CPU/RAM meter that can go in the system tray?  Preferably, the program would be very lightweight and not take up too much space.  Thanks.

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:15:20 AM »

MBProbe from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download283.html (author's site appears to be down???)

or maybe

motherboard monitor http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

i think they are the main two.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:23:27 AM »

I used to use meters for that too, now I don't really care about RAM usage anymore and am using SpeedFan to display the CPU temp in the tray. If CPU temp rises I know the CPU is used more than usual
smiley

http://fileforum.betanews...tail/SpeedFan/985582286/1

Thank you.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:32:21 AM »

nice, i'll have to try that one too.
Hirudin
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 06:14:40 PM »

I used to use one that was super tiny (the cpu and ram bars were probably 1 or 2 pixels thick), I also used it with windows 98 (I think) so it must be pretty lightweight. I'll look through my download backups later tonight to find the name for you.

What I got now may intrest some people on this forum. It's the Logitech G15 keyboard. It has an LCD screen that you can write applets for. One of the few applets it comes with is a CPU/RAM usage meter.

If you'd like to see othe apps written for the keyboard, or if you just want some more information; check you www.g15forums.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.19 ]