ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free Mousepads?

(1/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
People on DC get around quite a bit and have been computing for a long time.  I'm curious if anyone knows of a good source to get a free mousepad sent via snail mail?  Seems like it used to be more common for these to be given out, but maybe I'm one of the few curmudgeons still using the old mechanical rubber ball mouse and everyone else is on optical.

Anyway, they come in handy.  I just got one of those BlacX USB docking ports.  It works great, but the vibration is a distraction.  I sacrificed my backup mousepad.  Sliced it to fit and put it under the base. That made me think it would be a good idea to have a few more pads hanging about for emergencies like that one!  I sent a suggestion to Thermaltake to put some vibe dampening stuff on the base.. but I was surprised rummaging around that I could find a 1.2 MB 5 1/4" floppy with a yggdrasil linux beta, but not a mousepad(other than my plain gray backup pad that is.)

I know someplace I had a small wimpy OS/2 promotional mousepad around somewhere but I couldn't find the thing!

Stoic Joker:
You're still using a ball mouse?!?

Josh:
No one else uses a trackball? Besides me? I love my trackball from logitech! And before that, my microsoft trackball explorer.

MilesAhead:
You're still using a ball mouse?!?
-Stoic Joker (August 15, 2009, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  Since I use a kvma switch I only use one mouse for 2 PCs.  I save the mice and keyboards that come with the tower when I buy a new PC.  I have one backup that's exactly the same as the one I'm using (2 button with wheel) and one that's the same mechanically but the body is a bit wider.  Don't know why they did that.  I don't like it.  Anyway, it's very comfortable and the main thing is I don't have to think(ok a few punch lines aren't out of line.. after all.. I left the straight line.)

cranioscopical:
Anyway, it's very comfortable and the main thing is I don't have to think(ok a few punch lines aren't out of line.. after all.. I left the straight line.)
-MilesAhead (August 15, 2009, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mus save you a lot of mental energy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version