topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: problem with 2.75.0.1  (Read 3345 times)

beethoven

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
problem with 2.75.0.1
« on: August 15, 2009, 08:21 AM »
Just upgraded to the latest version but seem to encounter problems. When I try to launch FARR the usual window opens but then it goes into "retrieving past launch history" and gets stuck. Nothing more happens. If I try to type anything, FARR becomes non-responsive and I have to kill it with taskmanager. The window btw does not have the usual X in the corner to close it either.
Any suggestions?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: problem with 2.75.0.1
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:28 AM »
it probably means there is an item in your launch history that is causing farr to hang.. this could be because its on a network share, or because an antivirus tool is hanging on it..

can you try letting it take as long as it wants and seeing if it wakes up after a few minutes.  if so, then go to options, and launch history, and see if you spot anything fishy.. you can right click in your launch history at that point and clear it all.

I will try to make a fix for this, but it would help me to know what file it is causing the hangup for you.
Maybe you could email me your FindAndRunRobot.ini file which has the history list in it.  Make a copy of it regardless -- it's a text file so you could also open it in a text editor and see if you spot any stange launch history items.

beethoven

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: problem with 2.75.0.1
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 11:00 PM »
Thanks Mouser - I tried again and was very patient (went away to watch TV) but by the time I came back the past launch history was shown normally. I then looked through the records within the Gui and and in the ini.file but did not see anything noteworthy. I decided to delete the records one by one (in the Gui) and the next time I rebooted, FARR was as responsive as usual. Strangely though my History was back and everything is there.  ;D