ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Plans Unfolding - New and different paper PIM

(1/1)

Edvard:
If you liked PocketMod or D*I*Y Planner, you're going to love this one.
PLANS UNFOLDING is a new software program for creating a pocket-sized paper organizer and planner customized for the layout and content that you want. Both letter and A4 paper sizes are supported. Choose from among several standard page types supported by the interface, or create custom page designs and share them online. Use background images downloaded from the image gallery or use your own photographs. Print the output on a color printer, make a few folds and one cut, and you have a convenient booklet with every one of its 16 pages accessible. It's easy and convenient, and it's free.

The Plans Unfolding software provides a complete, convenient user interface to arrange and maintain your organizer data. It's backed by the powerful LaTeX typesetting engine coupled with the TikZ vector drawing package to create professional-quality letter-size or A4 output. Cross off entries and pencil in new ones as you go. Print out a new, updated one whenever you feel like it.

--- End quote ---

http://www.myreckonings.com/PlansUnfolding/index.htm

from a google search for the "treasure map" PocketMod mod...

Target:
seems like a nice idea - note that on top of the 14M download (no install) it also requires MikTex (another 85M download)

There is a portable version of MikTex, but I haven't been able to get the above app to work with it (yet)

Edvard:
WHOA NELLY!!

I am really spoiled here at work with the super high speed cable connection. I didn't even notice it was that huge.
So, the upshot here is that I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got a very good connection and lots of disk space.
Even then, that's a bit much for a folded piece of paper, eh?

I'm sticking with PocketMod...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version