ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Live as if Today was a Quantum Superposition of the the Rest of your Life

<< < (3/3)

Paul Keith:
Too many words Deozaan. (Yes, I know the irony of me saying that)

The core words has to always be Tweetable. Not because they are cute or sentimental, but because that's what your consciousness can package in an affirmation.

Try looking at it through the eyes of a program. If you try to set a hotkey that opens Photoshop, starts making Antivir scan for viruses and makes Disktune defragment while opening up two movies simultaneously in full screen side by side in your dual monitor, even if you have a PC powerful enough to do so, it's still not the most optimum use of a hotkey.

Not to mention the sentence sputters out at the very end and becomes more passive than active at around the bolded points:

"Live in the moment, take chances, and enjoy the wonder and delight of our daily existence while also taking the long view, planning for the future, and finding the discipline to do the things that may not be fun today but will lead to happiness down the road."

Much easier for the above to simply be packaged into:

"Take chances. Enjoy the moment. Have fun working towards the future."

Not that it comes close to becoming top productive material this way but you can post this anywhere and even when you have a bad day, you can still read it. (Which is the point of affirmations. Having a set of beliefs you can fall back to when you expect yourself to be the most unproductive.)

If you prefer something more tongue-in-cheek:

"Date the moment. Take the fun to the future."

tomos:
"Take chances. Enjoy the moment. Have fun working towards the future."

Not that it comes close to becoming top productive material this way but you can post this anywhere and even when you have a bad day, you can still read it. (Which is the point of affirmations. Having a set of beliefs you can fall back to when you expect yourself to be the most unproductive.)

If you prefer something more tongue-in-cheek:

"Date the moment. Take the fun to the future."
-Paul Keith (August 28, 2009, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

you're making a good team there Deozaan & Paul :D

Paul Keith:
Apparently the method I listed here is called the Auto-Pilot schedule

My apologies for those who think I was copying a method without telling the name. I didn't know this method had a name already before I wrote it here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version