ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR html view

(1/3) > >>

skajfes:
Is there an option to run some javascript to parse a webpage before it is displayed? For example I want to check the weather forecast from http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/HRXX0005, but I want to extract only the relevant data.
Something like greasemonkey for FARR :)

mouser:
czb has done this in some of his plugins, but i agree that it would be a great idea to make a more general plugin that allowed users to fetch web pages and extract certain info.. in fact i know someone worked on this.. i just can't remember the current status of it.

skajfes:
In the meantime bbc weather has an embed option that lets you easily use FARR. Just put <iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/60/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe> to a blank html file and use that in an alias.

Nod5:
skajfes: check out the fsubscript.js code for ninjawords in the CZB pack -- the latter part seems to use javascript to filter the page before showing it in FARR. Snippet:

--- ---  js.setStrValue = function onSetStrValue(varname,value){
    if(varname == "EmbeddedWb.DocumentComplete"){
      var pl = pluginInCharge();
      if(pl == "Ninjawords_com" && loaded){
        loaded = false;
        execSafeJS(
          "document.getElementById('header').style.display='none';\n\
           document.getElementById('footer').style.display='none';\n\
           document.getElementById('footer-area').style.display='none';\n\
           document.getElementById('search-area').style.display='none';\n\
           ");
        hidePleaseWait();
edit: mouser already mentioned czb's plugins, I missed that before.

skajfes:
I used czb's idea from his ninjawords plugin to display weather from weather.yahoo.com. Result is attached.

Other alternative is to use Netweather from accuweather.com to get an embed script you could paste to a static html page and use that in a farr alias to display it. You just need to get the embed script from the link above, paste it to a new file, save as html, and change the path to the file in the alias.
alias i used is

--- ---1000>>>>->showfilehtml c:\some\dir\weather.html>+>^weath1$
Is there an option to make farr open links in a new browser window? Preferably in the default browser and not IE?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version