topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: notetaker that uses odf as default?  (Read 4379 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
notetaker that uses odf as default?
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:02 AM »
Is there any notetaker that uses odf as default? or any open, portable format...
I'd like a notetaker that works on any OS, and saves to a format where there's no vendor lock-in and that supports equations (that takes out rtf). It must be easy to open with normal word processors. (that takes out latex, lyx).

Any ideas?

I know surfulater uses xml (nice) but I cannot get used to it, plus it's not multiplatform.

Thanks

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: notetaker that uses odf as default?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:10 PM »
None that I'm aware of unless you find something in the cloud, such as Zoho or Google Docs. I'd love to see this, too.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:44 PM »
You would have a hard time finding this, in my opinion.  The closest thing I can think is AM-Notebook which stores notes as regular text files.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Also, TexNotes has the ability to export their notes in a variety of very flexible ways, including plain text and rtf.

i also think it would be a great idea to be able to store the data from a notetaker in an open way.  however, on the programmer's side I think it may be a slightly unreasonable request.  Especially when it comes to organizing and all the other things the notetaking program does.  I just think it's asking too much to retain all the notetaking features in some kind of open way where it can be imported/exported to other programs.  but if all you want to be able to do is READ the notes and their contents (and not their organization, linking, fancy formatting, etc.) then there are a couple of programs that do this.  Like I said, AM-Notebook can do this.

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:37 AM »
Thanks Zaine, superboyac.

I tested both TexNotes (Baroque as hell) and AM textnotes (too basic). None would substitute onenote.
I've spent a few days already, I think I'll end my search emptyhanded...