ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox 3.5 - A Few Problems Recently...

<< < (3/3)

Ehtyar:
I can select the text regardless...something very fishy going on here.

Ehtyar.

J-Mac:
I don't think your NoScript is fully disabled. Snopes uses a script to prevent highlighting text and you can see it in the page source there, as I have quoted below:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var omitformtags=["input", "textarea", "select"]
omitformtags=omitformtags.join("|")
function disableselect(e){
if (omitformtags.indexOf(e.target.tagName.toLowerCase())==-1)
return false
}
function reEnable(){
return true
}
if (typeof document.onselectstart!="undefined")
document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")
else{
document.onmousedown=disableselect
document.onmouseup=reEnable
}
-->
</script>

--- End quote ---

So you still must have something blocking that script. Are you perhaps getting a cached page on which NoScript already disabled that script?

Jim

J-Mac:
I took a closer look at the GM userscript and suddenly noticed that it was by default active on all sites. I changed that to only work on Snopes plus I will add others only if I can't select text. That seems to be allowing the thumbnail switching at other sites again.

Jim

Ehtyar:
I went back to double check my results, and found that I had to navigate to another section of the site to experience what you were talking about, and found you are correct - I cannot select text on the site. Very nasty stuff. Sorry for all the confusion J-Mac :(

Ehtyar.

J-Mac:
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I think the script is only on their "articles", not the main home page. Anyway, all is cool now.

Thanks Ehtyar!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version