ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox 3.5 - A Few Problems Recently...

(1/3) > >>

J-Mac:
Firefox 3.5 has been acting a bit strange lately. I haven't changed the configuration - knowingly, anyway - but recently something doesn't seem to be working with either javascript or Ajax - I'm not certain which, if either. Here's what is happening:

On pages where a list of thumbnails appear below a larger image where normally you can click on a thumbnail and the larger image shows that thumbnail's image. Not a hard click or a page loading, but the image just switches quietly. No longer works for me. Yet if I open the same page in Chrome or even IE7 or 6 it works fine.

Similar problems with certain fly-out submenus: In Firefox 3.5 the submenus sometimes fly-out as designed but are not "clickable"; on some other pages the fly-outs don't work at all. Yet, again, they all seem to work fine in Chrome and IE.  No new extensions installed though some have had updates installed. None that I can think of address javascript or Ajax directly though I'm sure that many do in one way or another.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I know I haven't given much to work with here but I'm hoping that this is a familiar problem to someone here who knows the kind of coding that make menus and image-switchers work like they do.

Thanks!

Jim

Ehtyar:
Some examples are probably necessary for those of us who haven't experienced the problem first hand, and for live debugging purposes.

Ehtyar.

J-Mac:
Some examples are probably necessary for those of us who haven't experienced the problem first hand, and for live debugging purposes.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (August 11, 2009, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well then I'll have to wait until I come across it again. At first I just thought these were isolated problems on the web pages since I had never seen this using Firefox before. Then after getting a few more recently I would open the same page in Chrome and/or IE to test them there and found that it was only Firefox that was having problems. Or at least my current installation of Firefox, not Firefox generally since I am not finding a lot of others with this problem. Am finding more than I expected however. But I can't be sure of which pages this happened on.

So as soon as I see it again I'll post the pages here.

Thank you.

Jim

Aha - I looked at some pages in my FF history and found one that was also in my Chrome history:  http://www.jbpet.com/Medium-Migrators,1753.html

That's a page with dog toys at J-B Pets. In Chrome if I click on the thumbnails next to the main image the main image changes. But in FF nothing happens at all for me.

Jim

Ehtyar:
Works for me. I'm on 3.5.2. Are you sure you don't have an addon or a userscript interfering with it.

Ehtyar.

J-Mac:
Works for me. I'm on 3.5.2. Are you sure you don't have an addon or a userscript interfering with it.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (August 11, 2009, 11:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

None installed recently, though a few that I use have been updated fairly recently. Extensions, that is. Not sure which, though. Almost all the extensions I use now I have used for quite a long time without issue. Really baffling - but then again, these things always popup mysteriously. Wouldn't be any fun if they didn't!

When I finally figure this out I'll probably be smacking my forehead, saying, "Of course!!". But until then it is frustrating.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version