ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Windows system tray clock replacement

<< < (8/10) > >>

Betsy:
The link was misspelled...it's alfaclock, not aflaclock.  But once I found the right site, I was still not able to download the program.  The link took me to C-Net, but every time I tried to download I got nothing.  Anybody else having a problem with this?

It does claim to be free and unlimited.

I don't think Alfaclock has a free version...it "expires" after a certain amount of time and you can't open it after that.
-superboyac (February 28, 2006, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Alfaclock Free" v1.90 is promoted at www.aflaclock.com as "freeware", and I have seen no indication since installing it that it is going to expire.  I really like it.  It is reminiscent of tclock, but is more polished, and is designed for XP.  I have not tried the same author's "Betaclock", formerly "Alfaclock 2"; it may have different licensing terms.
-david.intp (April 03, 2006, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Betsy:
Never mind...it finally downloaded, but it took several minutes.

The link was misspelled...it's alfaclock, not aflaclock.  But once I found the right site, I was still not able to download the program.  The link took me to C-Net, but every time I tried to download I got nothing.  Anybody else having a problem with this?

It does claim to be free and unlimited.

I don't think Alfaclock has a free version...it "expires" after a certain amount of time and you can't open it after that.
-superboyac (February 28, 2006, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Alfaclock Free" v1.90 is promoted at www.aflaclock.com as "freeware", and I have seen no indication since installing it that it is going to expire.  I really like it.  It is reminiscent of tclock, but is more polished, and is designed for XP.  I have not tried the same author's "Betaclock", formerly "Alfaclock 2"; it may have different licensing terms.
-david.intp (April 03, 2006, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Betsy (April 03, 2006, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

superboyac:
Interesting, it seems like Alfaclock has gone through some changes recently.  Just a few weeks ago, it was selling it's Alfaclock "Classic" for some nominal fee (it was version 1.82).  Now it looks like it's version 1.90 and called Alfaclock "Free".  And the newer Alfaclock 2, which they were selling for $30, is now called "Betaclock" and is once again a free beta version, that I assume will periodically expire like the previous beta alfaclock.  How interesting...

jgpaiva:
While trying to see if that link worked for me, I tried alfaclock, and it looks good! It's uses very little resources, makes his work very well, and is very easy to use.
I just wish it had better alarm clock functionalities, creating an alarm clock is too much work.

superboyac:
You know, there's something weird about Alfaclock.  The have one website:
http://www.alfasoftweb.com/alfaclock/
and they sell alfaclock 2 and alfaclock classic.  THen they have another site:
http://www.alfaclock.com/
which has a beta version of alfaclock 2 (now betaclock), and alfaclock free, which seems to be a more recent version of alfaclock classic.  They are both free.  I don't get it, are they hoping people go to the first page and get duped into buying the software?  And there's no link from one page to the other.  What's the deal, it doesn't make sense?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version