ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Default alias for nircmd

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
nothing "loser" about it.  i suspect that your problem is that you are using %ALIASDIR% to locate the nircmd.exe but your myaliases.alias is not in same directory as the nircmd subdir

so i think instead of:
OpenCD | %ALIASDIR%nircmd.exe cdrom d:
you would use:
OpenCD | %APPDIR%\AliasGroups\Installed\nircmd\nircmd.exe cdrom d:
or would it be
OpenCD | %APPDIR%AliasGroups\Installed\nircmd\nircmd.exe cdrom d:

something like that

dpupello:
Mouser, thanks for the reply, and I get what you're telling me.

Interesting.  I couldn't get it to work using the %APPDIR% or %ALIASDIR% variables (even though it's apparently pointing directly at nircmd.exe), but once I pointed at where nircmd was in the path, %windir%\nircmd.exe, then it worked.  Perhaps nircmd has trouble fulfilling arguments unless it's positioned in the path, or FARR is not setting the nircmd "default folder", or something akin to that...  just shooting in the dark :)

Anyway, in the words of Inspector Clouseau, the problem is solv-ed.

Cheers.

mouser:
also it might be FARRDIR instead of APPDIR.. i have been notoriously inconsistent with such things in some of my software (thankfully i have changed my ways since then but FARR still suffers from some of these inconsistencies).

anyway, glad you got it working!

wjamoe:
not finding the command might also be caused by spaces in the path %ALIASDIR%, it toook me a while to resolve this one :-[

so don't forget to put quotes around the command if any of the applicable path environment variables contains one or more spaces

replacing
OpenCD | %ALIASDIR%nircmd.exe cdrom d:
by
OpenCD | "%ALIASDIR%nircmd.exe" cdrom d:
worked for me

wiem

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version