ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Can FARR be used to switch between open windows?

<< < (5/6) > >>

skajfes:
List of progams to always switch to if found running:
[SIMPLE TEXT BOX, EACH PATH ON ITS OWN LINE]
-mouser (August 28, 2009, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

In fact, my original idea was just this. Compare executable files and that's about it. User must specify a list of single instance apps.

alias:
I'm certainly in favor of the simplest approach that gets the job done.  So what would happen if there are multiple windows open, as with the examples I gave earlier?

skajfes:
I'm certainly in favor of the simplest approach that gets the job done.  So what would happen if there are multiple windows open, as with the examples I gave earlier?
-mchalkley (August 28, 2009, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Windows explorer automatically activates a window if there's a same folder already open, so that is of no concern.
For now the plugin will activate the first window it finds that has the same path to the executable as the executed file. Outlook is a special case as it runs all of it's windows (main program, new message, etc) as the same process. Unless there are multiple outlook instances running.

I am thinking about maybe adding an option for a "preferred keyword" in the window title. So, first the plugin searches by executable file name, then if it finds more that one result, checks the resulting widows captions for preferred keywords. If no keywords are matched or multiple windows has the same keyword the first result is launched (as there is no way to distinguish windows further)

alias:
Awesome!  I'm really looking forward to getting rid of a couple other programs!

skajfes:
Well I must inform you that this plugin is coming along nicely. There could be a release in a couple of days if i get some more time. This is already cutting into my beauty sleep :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version