ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Deciphering Win7 Upgrades: The Official Chart

<< < (2/2)

biox:
Another benefit that Win7 users will love is that installation time has been drastically cut, as has boot time.-zridling (August 05, 2009, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

That had me almost fall of the chair. I first installed it on a few XP machines and was prepared for the typical 'go for lunch and come back in 2 hours routine'. Didn't do me that favour, it installed in a half hour and that despite it having to move up to 300GB of the XP installation.

Hirudin:
Gizmodo made a little upgrade chart for Mac Snow Leopard.

I confess, I didn't actually read the article (I've been happy with Vista and am even happier with 7) but if you want to, here's the link...
The Real Cost of Upgrading to Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Innuendo:
Apple has to leave the legacy PPC code behind sometime, although I think most would have preferred one more PPC release as there are still a lot of PPC machines out there.

And $169 for 10.4 owners? I always thought OS X upgrades were $129. Well, anyway, thanks for the link to the article. It's always good for Windows users to see how things are done on the other side of the fence, so to speak.

Innuendo:
Oh, I see...the $169 gets you the OS X upgrade plus iWork '09.

Funny picture in the article, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version