Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 22, 2014, 04:43:14 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Context Menu entries that cannot be deleted  (Read 2825 times)
imtrobin
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 27, 2005, 09:31:15 PM »

Hi,

I have some right click context menu entries (Right Click->New) that cannot be deleted. I normally use TweakXP to remove the entries, but these few entries keep reappearing. They are entries to create new MS word, excel, etc from office 2003. How can I delete them?
Hirudin
Charter Member

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 01:42:39 AM »

There is probably a way to turn off this "feature" in the various Office programs.

I haven't installed Office for a while, but I seem to remember some stupid "Office Startup" program starting with my comp afterwards. I think it's suppose to help with searches or something....
Maybe that stupid office startup thing is putting those items in your context menu, stop it from starting with your comp (there's usually a link in Start > All Programs > Startup, delete that). If there isn't a link in your start menu, it might be lurking somewhere in you startup items, you can edit your startup items by clicking Start > Run (or hitting Winkey + R) and typing "msconfig" <enter> and unchecking stuff in the Startup tab (look for items with the word "office" or "mso" etc in them).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:45:29 AM by Hirudin » Logged
imtrobin
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 04:44:35 AM »

No, I have removed those entries in the startup and registry already. The context menu entries appear immediately after I close TweakXP, so something loaded in memory is recreating them. In the previous Office, I can hide them using TweakXP, now can't even do that.
jroad
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 06:31:31 AM »

Maybe ShellExView can help you out?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
imtrobin
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 12:49:16 PM »

I also use this program, nope I don't see any potential shellext that is causing it.
imtrobin
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 01:22:58 PM »

Got a solution. Apparently some of the keys are have permission denied

http://www.windowsitpro.c...rticleID/13638/13638.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF