topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Multiple feature requests.  (Read 3164 times)

JordanRinke

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Multiple feature requests.
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:20 PM »
First off, screen captor is GREAT. I have spent a long time looking for a screen shot manipulation tool of this quality. That being said I have a few feature requests.

1. Call out boxes : It would be nice to have various comic/visio style call out boxes that could be use to make a comment with a tail/arrow pointing to a specific section. Similar to some of the call out boxes in the clipart section, it would just be a lot nicer if they were clean vector renders that allowed text to be aligned etc directly in them.

2. Drawing off canvas : Especially with the above feature it would be nice to be able to automatically draw off the canvas. Right now I can create an object, drag it off the canvas and then resize the canvas to fit. It would be nice if I could just draw off the canvas and have it automatically resize to fit the additional object space I have taken off canvas.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Multiple feature requests.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:46 AM »
call out boxes -- you hit the nail on the head -- this is really needed badly.  it's high on my todo list.

drawing off canvas.. what i do in this case is File -> Resize, and add a big extra region to the image, and then crop it later.
i could add a quick button or menu item for this -- like "Expand image to view" which would add transparent additional border around image so that the space visible could be drawn on.